Thursday, July 10, 2008

Oh Fiddlesticks!

As many of you know, one of my pet peeves is excessive (and unnecessary) swearing. Now mind you, I realize there are situations where profanity laced outbursts are completely appropriate... such as when you drop a car battery on your toes... or when your company asks you if you want to move out to Albuquerque (Abso-F***ing-lutely NOT!) My problem is when profanity begins to invade normal, run-of-the-mill conversations ("So today I went to the f***ing store to pick up some f***ing milk and sh*t.") So in the spirit of promoting PG-rated language, I've compiled a list of my favorite "fake profanity" (faux-fanity? I think I just created a new, AWESOME word!) Try some of these out and see what you think.


  • Melon Farmer!
  • Shirt!
  • Sheet!
  • Cheese and Rice!
  • Frick!
  • Crap!
  • Poop!
  • Mutha Trucker!
  • Oh fudge!
  • Flipping
  • Oh snap!
  • Dang!
  • Shiz
  • Arse
  • Shnieckes!
  • WTF (mate)!
  • What the deuce?!!
  • Dag-nabit!



"Swearing is bad... m'kay?"

3 comments:

Acadaemia Nut said...

I also enjoy "Blergh." Courtesy of Liz Lemon!

Kristina said...

Ahhh... Papa's wisdom shining through. One lesson I will never forget - People who swear are those who are not intelligent enough to get their point across more eloquently

rayeraye09 said...

so my predictive text told me today that the word for freaking comes up as freakhog...can we add that to the list???