Thursday, July 31, 2008

Obligatory Post

So this poor, overworked author, despite being overwhelmed from working 10+ hour days hundreds of miles from home (and then working studiously in his hotel room to finish up a project for his systems analysis class which is due next week) has decided to post a little something on his recently neglected blog. But what to write about? My experiences the past few weeks out in Colorado Springs? A good idea... except I have explored roughly 0.001% of this city (mainly the 3 streets from my hotel to the airport to the office to a nearby shopping area/food court). So that's a no go. My newfound love for pho? Well, those who know of this delicious brothy dish will need no further explanation of its amazing-ness... and for those who don't... words would not do it justice. It is an experience you must experience first hand.

Speaking of food, I did have what may very well have been the most delicious Quiznos sandwich ever made at the Colorado Springs airport last Friday. It was a mesquite chicken with bacon sandwich on wheat bread... with no cheese (surprise surprise). The chicken was moist and tender, the bacon crisped to perfection, and the bread toasted just enough. Of course the deliciousness of the sandwich may have been enhanced by the fact that all I had eaten up to that point (it was about 5:30 pm) was a banana and a muffin, but I still think it was a fantastic sandwich. I think I'll re-visit that Quiznos tomorrow to see if the sandwich is really as good as I remember.

.. 230 ... 231... 232 words! Well, I think that's good enough to qualify as an official post. I need to go pack up all my crap anyway as I am heading back home tomorrow. California here I come... right back where I started from!

1 comment:

Acadaemia Nut said...

Hooray for updates! Well, reading that just knocked 3 minutes off my workday...sweet!

ps. Make sure you talk to Carlo/Tony/Jeff about the Mt. Rainier hike and see what day works best. Ciao!